Frequently asked questions
- What are part worn tyres?
Part worn tyres otherwise known as second hand tyres, are tyres that have been previosuly used.
- How can I be sure of the quality of your partworn tyres?
At Autodepot we have a strict policy not to buy any tyre with less than 5mm tread and we rigorously check all our stock for lumps, tears, previous repairs and bulges.
All our tyres are handpicked and checked for defects prior to fitting so that we can assure our customers of high quality.
- When should my tyres be replaced?
The legal limit for the tread of the tyre is 1.6mm across 3/4 of the tread pattern. Your tyre should be replaced if any of the following defects are visible:
- If the tread is less than 1.6mm.
- If the tyre has any bold patches.
- If the internal construction of the tyre is visible.
- If the sidewall of the tyre bulges anywhere.
- If the tyre is split.
- If the tyre has extensive cracking or the rubber is perishing.
- If the tyre is not the same size as the one on the other side of the axle.
- Do you fit motorcycle tyres?
Yes, we can fit motorcycle tyres at our branch in Tallaght.